Troop 366 Scout Fund Allocation from Fundraising
For troop fundraising events, which the committee awards
profit sharing opportunities to the individual participating scout, the
following distribution rules apply:
Scout activities allowing the boys to earn commissions will
go to the individual scout account to be used for Boy Scout purposes ONLY. In
the event the funds are in question, the Treasurer and Scoutmaster will make the
final decision as to the award of funds based on the following criteria:
- The actual dollar or percentage commissions due the
scout will be based on the individual fundraising activity as approved by the
- Any and all outstanding troop expenses MUST be paid
before payment is awarded.
If the scout has dues or other troop expenses, these costs MUST be
paid before awarding funds.
- All funds are for scout related activities only
Summer camp, Troop or Council activities, merit badge activities
or equipment or personal camp equipment.
- The scout may accumulate funds from fundraiser to
fundraiser as well as year to year, saving for future scout activities.
- Scouts transferring to another troop will receive
payment into the new troop.
After all Troop 366 outstanding expenses are paid in full, the
scout MUST send written information to Troop 366 with the new troop treasurer
contact and address to forward the funds to. The scout has 6 months to
communicate this transfer before the funds are no longer available.
- Scouts leaving Boy Scouts or transferring to another
troop without written transfer information will NOT receive payment. Any
remaining funds will go directly into the Troop 366 general fund, once all
outstanding troop expenses are applied. The scout has 6 months after his
resignation to either re-join Troop 366 or join another troop before the funds
are no longer available.
To receive funds, the scout MUST provide Troop 366
- Written instructions to apply funds to the troop event
- Provide a written receipt and the scout activity
related to the event.
- For pre-payment of an activity, provide a written
detailed proposal for the scout event and follow up with the written