Troop 366 Required Fees Policy
Troop 366 Dues:
Troop 366 dues are $6.00 per month for an annual fee of $72.00.† Eagle Scouts do not owe dues beginning with the first full month after the scoutís Eagle Board of Review.† A Scout may choose to pay these dues either annually or semi-annually.† Schedule of payment options appears below:
1. If paid annually, a payment of $72.00 is due on August 15th, covering the period of time from August 1st through July 31st, of the following calendar year.
2. If paid semi-annually, the first payment of $36.00 is due on August 15th, covering the period of time from August 1st through January 31st, of the following calendar year.† A second semi-annual payment of $36.00 is due on February 15th, covering the period of time from February 1st through July 31st, of that same calendar year.
Annual BSA Registration Renewal Fee:
Troop 366 collects a $10 registration renewal fee from each Scout on an annual basis.† This payment is due on November 15th.† As part of the annual troop recharter process, the troop uses this money to renew each memberís registration with BSA.
Scout Not in Good Standing:
∑ If Troop dues remain unpaid for a period of more than 45 days, the Troop will consider a Scout not to be in good standing.
∑ If the necessary funds required to satisfy the amount of unpaid dues that are 45 days past due are available in a Scoutís passbook account, then that amount will be automatically deducted from a Scoutís individual passbook account.† The troop will, at that time, consider that Scout in good standing.
∑ A Scout that is not in good standing will not be allowed to earn any awards or participate in any scouting event until his outstanding dues have been paid.
Scouts New to Troop 366:
If you are a new Scout joining Troop 366, then you will owe a prorated amount of the semi-annual dues payment, based on $6.00 per month, beginning with the first full month after you have joined the troop.
Note: For Webelos Scouts crossing over into the troop, your crossover date will serve as the date you joined the troop. Your initial dues payment will be calculated based on the number of months left in the semi-annual billing period, beginning with the first full month after your crossover date. For all other scouts new to the troop, the date you turn in your Boy Scout application will serve as the date you joined the troop. Your initial dues payment will be calculated based on the number of months left in the semi-annual billing period, beginning with the first full month after you have turned in your application.
∑ Any new Scout joining Troop 366 owes a one time $20.00 initiation fee.†
∑ This one time initiation fee covers the general start up costs incurred by the troop for that individual Scout, i.e. name tag, advancement notebook, patrol patch, etc.
∑ This initiation fee is non-refundable.
Transfer or Registration Fees:
∑ If you are joining Troop 366 and are currently registered with another pack or troop, then you owe a $1.00 transfer fee.
∑ However, if you are not currently registered with a pack or troop, then you owe a registration fee of $10.00.† This will be prorated based on the month you join during the troop charter year running from February 1st through January 31st.
∑ These transfer and registration fees are non-refundable.
1. Any Scout wishing to leave the Troop 366 must notify the troop secretary immediately.
2. Upon notification of departure to the troop secretary, a Scout will receive a prorated refund of their prepaid troop dues from the troop treasurer.
3. For any funds remaining in an individual Scout passbook account, please read the Scout Fund Allocation From Fundraising Policy.
Accepted and Approved: April 4, 2005
Revised: April 30, 2005